Ubuntu is a well-known operating system. Using Ubuntu, we can do lots of works like making videos, creating presentations, playing games and more. You may want to get screencast videos on your Ubuntu computer during these activities. In this article, you can learn about the Ubuntu screen recorder and Download the 5 best Ubuntu Screen Recorder Softwares in 2019.
Related – Best Linux Antiviru Softwares in 2019
- How to install this software on the Ubuntu computer?
- 05. ScreenStudio
- How to install ScreenStudio on the Ubuntu computer?
01. Kazam Screencaster
Kazam is the best screen recorder for your Ubuntu computer. You can easily record a video as an Mp4 file format. As well as you can save recorded videos anywhere you want on the computer. This software provides a nice interface that easy to use and controls the audio levels. Also, you can crop the resolution of the video before starting the recording. This software specialty can record desktop videos and multiple audio streams simultaneously.
- Recorded videos save as the standard video formats, and you can also save videos as VP8 or WebM formats.
- You will be able to upload recorded videos directly to YouTube.
- It allows users to add a title and description for the video.
How to install this Screen recorder on the Ubuntu computer?
First, you need to download this software and then follow these simple steps.
- Run the terminal on your Ubuntu computer.
- Type this command “sudo apt install kazam”.
02. Simple Screen Recorder
Another good screen recorder for Linux. It is also simple screencast video software like Kazam. It supports get various video formats and audio formats. When you are going to start recording the screen, you can select the full screen or custom area of
- Directly records from OpenGL apps.
- Supports previewing during recording.
- It allows us to pause and resume during the recording.
- You will able to record videos as various video formats like MP4, 3GP, WebM, FLV, and AVI.
How to install this software on Ubuntu computer?
First, you need to open the terminal on your computer. Then type these commands in the terminal.
- sudo add-apt-repository ppa:maarten-baert/simplescreenrecorder (Press enter)
- sudo apt update (Press enter)
- sudo apt install simplescreenrecorder
You must be heard VLC as a video player but VLC is the most powerful and popular Linux multimedia player and screen recorder with many features. Broadcasting is one option. The specialty of this software is that you can save the recording video or broadcast it live.
- Broadcast videos live.
- You will be able to use it as a multimedia player.
- Videos can be saved as various video formats.
- You can get quality audio and perfect resolution sizes.
How to install VLC On Ubuntu computer
- First, you need to download the software.
- Now, open your terminal and type “sudo apt-get install vlc”.
Byzanz-Record is a powerful command line-based screen recorder for Linux. It is very easy to use and desirable for those who want to work with command text. It is also allowed to save as a gif format. It provides recording functions directly from the command line but can be used by the user’s own panel.
- Users can record desktop sessions as an animated GIF file format.
- The entire desktop can be recorded.
- Also, you will be able to record only the required screen area.
- Provide a command-line and panel to users.
How to install this software on the Ubuntu computer?
Open your terminal and use these codes to install. After type all the code, press enter.
- sudo add-apt-repository ppa:fossfreedom/byzanz.
- sudo apt-get update.
- sudo apt-get install byzanz.
ScreenStudio is another easy-to-use screencast software for Linux. You can also upload video clips directly to your status, YouTube channel, portfolio, etc. Using this software can be recorded as HQ, HD formats.
it contains all the software features mentioned above. So You can see additional features below.
- It supports the use of a webcam connection.
- Supports desktop session flow to Twitch channels, UStream or Hitbox.
- Mp4 and several other video file formats are available.
How to install ScreenStudio on the Ubuntu computer?
Use your terminal and type the below codes. After type all codes, press Enter.
- sudo add-apt-repository ppa:soylent-tv/screenstudio.
- sudo apt update.
- sudo apt install screenstudio.
How do you record the computer screen in Ubuntu?
You can use above all screen recorder software features using the command line. Also, you can use shortcuts to start the screen recording. I mention all shortcut keys to open screen recorder software easily.
Use the following shortcut keys to start Screen Record in Ubuntu.
- Start the Recording – WK+ CTRL + R
- Pause the recording – WK+CTRL+P
- End the recording – WK+CTRL+F
I hope this article will helpful for you and if there is any problem, please let us know in the comment section. See you in the next amazing article.