Many people get confused about what to do when they see the reboot and select proper boot device error on their computers. Well, this is a very typical issue that could be seen very often among computer users.
There are many reasons that could cause this error. However, there are some effective solutions for you to fix this. These methods vary from a computer to another due to the type of Windows you have on your computer. So here in this article, we are going to teach you a few methods that you could use to fix the reboot issue on Windows 7 and Windows 10.
Table of Contents
Fix Reboot and Select Proper Boot Device Error on Windows 10
Fixing reboot error on Windows is not as easy as you fix it on Windows 10. To get this done you have to restart your computer three times. Each time you have to click the restart button as soon as you see the Windows logo on your screen.
Once you restart your computer for the third time, you may get a special screen as shown in the below photo.
You could see two options as on the above photo. Skip restart and click on Advanced options. Then go to troubleshoot icon and click on it.
Go to Advanced options.
Now click on Startup repair.
The above method works well, but we have a contingency plan as well. So, if you couldn’t do startup repair properly or it didn’t work, just try out the below method. But you need to have a Windows 10 installation media with you to get this done.
If you don’t possess an installation media, make a Windows 10 USB bootable flash drive using another computer that works well. If you use a USB drive, You must set up the BIOS to boot from the USB drive.
Follow the below pathway to fix the problem. (This is after booting in to set up)
- Choose the repair computer option
- Advanced options.
- Command prompt.
How to Fix Reboot and Select Proper Boot Device Error on Windows 7
To get this fixed, you must open up your computer’s BIOS section.
- The above screen will appear once after opening the Bios.
- You will see an option called advanced bios options click on it.
- Go to “Boot device priority” and Set the priority.
- Set the boot devices as shown below.
- 1st boot device – Your hard disk
- 2nd boot device – The CD or DVD drive of yours.
- Next, you must click the F10 key on your keyboard and save the changes you have done. Your computer will automatically restart after you save settings.
- Click on “Start windows normally button and wait.
This is probably the easiest method of fixing reboot error.
- First, start up your computer.
- When you get the error display, press and hold the CTRL/ALT and DELETE buttons.
- It will work like a dream.
I hope you learn how to fix reboot and select proper boot device error on Windows. So please make sure to share this article with your friends if you got help. Also, if you have any questions about this, feel free to contact us through contact us page.