File extensions helpful for the identifies the file format. If this file extensions not shown on your computer, must be very difficult to see the file format. So I will tell you how to show file extensions with simple steps. So that way you will be able to see file format in the name of the file.
There is two easy way to enable file extension in windows 10/8/7. A one way is through control panel and another way is through the file explorer.
Step 01 (Through Control Panel)
- Go to the Control Panel and find Appearance and Personalization.
- Click on the File Explorer Option.
- Go to the View tab and there is the Advance settings.
- In the Advance settings, you must find Hide extensions for known file types.
- Uncheck and click Apply and Okay.
Step 02 (Through File Explorer)
- Go to the “This PC“
- Click on the View tab and get the drop down menu.
- In the View tab, you will be able to see “File name extensions“
- Tick it and you are done.
Please note: if you enable this file extension option, will be able to edit the file type through rename. It can be damage your file. So be careful with that.