You know, When we format and re-install the Windows, there are no any desktop icons in the Windows desktop. So How do we pin desktop icons in Windows 10?. There are two simple ways to pin desktop icons in Windows 10.
- Press “Windows key + R” to open the RUN application.
- Type “Control” on the Run application and hit enter to open Control panel.
- Type and Search “Desktop icons” on the Control panel.
- Click on the “Show or hide common icons on the desktop” option to open Desktop icon settings.
- Tick icons that you want to show on the desktop and click Apply and Okay.
- Right click on the desktop and open “Personalization“.
- Click on the Themes and find “Desktop icon setting” in the related settings.
- Tick icons that you need to show on the desktop and click Apply, Okay.
Why do we need desktop icons?
Some people work everyday with their computers. So lots of people are using Windows platform to complete their jobs. Desktop icons are help to save our time. This desktop icons like shortcuts.
Think, you have multiple hard drive partition to save your data like Music, Videos, Documents, etc. If there is not pin “This PC” icon on the desktop, you need to search and find “This PC” to access the partitions. So this is lots of trouble for users. That’s why we need to pin desktop icons.