Why Do You Format SD Card?
Sometimes people have to format an SD card for reasons. Mainly, People will be able to face SD card errors like Corruption, damage, inaccessibility, etc. In additional, People need to format the SD card into an NTFS, FAT 32 or exFAT file system to make it work properly on a specific device such as a digital camera, Android smartphone, game console, and music player, PC or Mac.
Fortunately, there are 3 ways to format SD card devices in Windows. I will tell you step by step how to format SD card using CMD.
1. Format SD Card Using CMD
- To open the Command Prompt, Type CMD and search in the start menu. After getting the result Right-click CMD and click on Run as administrator.
- Type Diskpart and hit Enter.
- Write List Disk and Enter.
- Type “Select disk” (Your disk number)
- Write “Clean” and Hit Enter.
- Type “Create partition primary“.
- Write “Select Partition 01” and Press Enter.
- Type “Active” and Hit Enter.
- Write “Format fs = Fat32 quick“.
- Type “assign” and hit Enter.
- Write “Exit” and you are done!
2. Format Using SD Memory Card Formatter
If the above method didn’t work for you, go ahead with this solution to format your SD card without any error.
- Download SD Memory Card Formatter in the official site.
- Install it on your computer.
- Set the setting as below picture.
- Now click on the Format button and you are done!
3. Format Memory Card With Windows Format Options
Method 01: File Explorer Formatter Option
- First, you need to plug-in your SD Card to the computer. (Use a card reader or another device to connect sd card to computer)
- Go to the “This PC” in Windows 8 & Windows 10 or “Computer” in Windows 7.
- Now, you can see your connected SD Card. Right-click on it and click on the format option.
- In the format window, you will be able to select file system type, Allocation unit size, and capacity. (I recommended to set default setting as below picture)
- Then, click on the start button and will format your SD Card perfectly.
Method 2: Format SD Card Using Disk Management
- Right-Click on the “Computer” in Windows 7 or “This PC” in Windows 8 & 10.
- Now, Click on the Manage.
- After the pop-up “Computer Manegement” window, go to Disk Mangement in the left side menu.
- Now, right-click on your SD Card and select format.
- Then you will have a small box as below picture and click on the OK button to start formatting.
- In a few seconds, your SD card will be formatted.
These above solutions will solve your SD card format problems and will SD card perfectly working. If you have any questions about these methods, please post a comment and will help you as soon as possible.
See our other interesting articles:
- Fix USB device not recognized error.
- Speed up Windows 10 computer Easiest way.
- Amazing mouse Icon pack free download.