Many people use smart TVs to view web-based content like smartphones. Vizio is a great smart TV brand used worldwide. Vizio TV allows you to install lots of apps to watch the latest TV shows, movies, and social media. So in this article, I will let you know how to add apps to Vizio smart tv.
Read more – What is Wfd Service on Xiaomi Phones?
Table of Contents
How to Add Apps to Vizio Smart TV?
You can install any apps on Vizio TV. However, it has already installed applications like Netflix, eBay, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Pandora. If you want to add more apps to improve the entertainment, you can install more apps from the Vizio apps store.
Vizio smart TV runs on three operating systems which are SmartCast, Vizio Internet Apps, and Vizio Internet Apps Plus. Adding applications to each operating system is different from one another. So please follows the steps below to know how to download apps on Vizio smart tv.
You Can Follow the Steps to Add Apps on Vizio Internet Apps (VIA or VIA+ TV)
- First, you must check the internet connection in your Vizio smart TV which is connected or not. The internet connection is very important for installing apps.
- Then press the V button on your remote to open the home menu.
- Navigate to the “Apps” on the top of the screen.
- Select any favorite app that you want to download and press ok to download it.
- Once installed, it will appear in the “Recent” section in the home menu.
- Now you can select and play the downloaded apps using the remote.
How to Add Apps to SmartCast TV?
The Vizio SmartCast TVs are compatible with lots of Chromecast apps. On the other hand, you cannot install or download any apps on Vizio SmartCast TVs like the Vizio Internet Apps (VIA or VIA+ TV). So this is why we use Chromecast apps that are compatible with Vizio SmartCast TVs.
Follow The Steps to Add Apps to Vizio SmartCast TV
- First, go to the Google Play Store or Apps store and find any available Chromecast enabled apps.
- Once you found a Chromecast app, just download and install it on your mobile or tablet.
- Then open the app and click on the Cast icon.
- Now select your Vizio SmartCast TV and contents/media will automatically appear on your TV.
How to Update Apps on Vizio Smart TV?
There is no option to update apps on Vizio smart TV. The only way to update apps is by removing the app and re-installed it from the apps store. To do that:
- Turn on your TV and press the V button on the remote.
- Select the app that you want to update. (don’t open it)
- Sub-menu will appear with the delete option.
- Delete the app clicking the “OK” button.
- Now you can re-install the app from the Vizio Apps store. (follow the guide above)
How Do I Add Apps to a VIZIO TV That Is Not Listed in The App Store?
Many users have this problem. The only solution to this problem is using Google Chromecast apps. If for some reason you are unable to add/install your favorite app to Vizio Smart TV, you can fix the problem by downloading the app to your smartphone and connecting it to the TV. Please make sure the app is compatible with your Smart TV. You can check out the guide above to know how to do it.
I hope you learn how to add apps to Vizio smart TV. So please make sure to share this article with your friends if you got help. Also, if you have any questions about this, feel free to contact us through contact us page.