The volume icon is the most important icon in the Windows taskbar. Especially it should appear when we are using a laptop. The volume icon uses to control sounds on the Windows computer. So losing the volume icon, it must be a problem for you. Then how can we restore the volume icon to the taskbar? There are two very simple methods available to fix the volume icon missing windows 7 error.
There are two ways you can enable the volume icon on the Windows computer.
- Change the notification area settings.
- Restart explorer.
Both of these methods are pretty darn good. Try method 1 and If it is unsuccessful, go to step 2.
Method 1 – Change The Notification Area Settings
- Right-click on the taskbar and click properties.
- When the taskbar menu is open, click on the “Customize” button in the notification area. (you will see all the icons currently showing in your taskbar)
- Now find the volume icon and click on the “Show icon”.
- Finally, click OK to activate it.
Method 2 – Restart Explorer
- Right-click on the taskbar and select the “Start Task Manager“.
- Once the taskbar manager opens, you will see a few tabs on the task manager window. You need to open the “Processes tab“.
- Then find “Explorer.exe” in the list and click on it once you found.
- Then click on the “End process button” in the task manager window.
- Now restart your computer to restore the volume icon again.
Why is the volume icon missing on your Windows computer?
It usually happens when you restart Windows 7 computer. It’s not your computer fault, it is a windows 7 bug. After following the above methods, you can totally restore your volume icon to the taskbar.
I hope you fix the volume icon missing in windows 7 using these methods. It’s very simple methods that you can fix the error in 5min. So if this article helped you, please make sure to share it with your friends.