An operating system is required to operate a computer. In 2000, Microsoft Company has launched Windows as its counterpart. The Linux OS was released in 2003 after fixing some minor issues. Linux Antivirus has been developed to detect and remove viruses before it can be infected.
Linux is a more efficient and secure operating system but due to the actions of people, these operating systems may include malware, virus and more effective things. We are writing this article to learn you about virus protectors that can be remedied.
Table of Contents
Best Linux Antivirus List
01. Comodo Antivirus
Comodo Antivirus is a good virus guard for Linux. Moreover, this Comodo antivirus is based only on virus prevention, not on identification. This Antivirus software also provides security and technology that can effectively close windows by responding to files. This antivirus will automatically detect and delete files that could harm your computer’s resources.
- Real-time access to updated virus definitions. (This provides maximum protection against viruses).
- Detects and removes viruses at full strength and high levels.
- Stop unknown files running on your computer.
- Easy to set up and use.
- Online shopping protection.
- 24/7 tech support
02. Sophos Antivirus
Sophos is the best antivirus software for Linux. Using Sopho’s latest technology, your computer detects and implements all kinds of malware including viruses, spyware, rootkits, and confiscations. In addition, it works well on Windows and Android.
- This Sophos detects and removes the latest viruses.
- Also, this tool auto-scans your computer and removes any viruses that find.
- It is also easy to use.
- Effective and secure.
- Detects and blocks malware with on-access, on-demand, or scheduled scanning.
- Excellent performance, low impact.
03. Armadito Virus Guard
Armadito is an antivirus that protects the computer and servers from malware and viruses. Also, Armadito provides graphical interfaces for detecting malware, launching scanning, scanning and journal reporting.
- Armadito currently only supports Windows and Linux.
- Armadito includes a well-known detection module and a malicious PDF document detection module that can detect unknown malware code.
- It also provides real-time security for Windows and Linux.
- Open Source Antivirus.
- Multi-platform Software.
04. Clam Antivirus
Clam AV is an open-source antivirus that used in many situations including email scanning, web scanning, and security. In addition, it is an advanced tool for command-line scanning and automatic database updating.
- Clam AV provides a command-line scanner.
- Also, the virus database is updated several times a day.
- In addition, Advanced Database Updater, which supports scripted updates and digital signatures.
- Works for Linux, windows, mac OS as well.
05. Clam TK
Clam TK is a graphical front for Clam antivirus. This is a lightweight antivirus scanner that is easy to use for the Klamath Linux system. This is a major solution for malware and Trojans.
- It also allows you to review the results of previous scans and quarantine files.
- In addition, Clam TK allows you to manually configure automatic updates for virus definitions in Clam AV.
- It also supports demand scanning.
- It’s an Open-source.
06. ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4
ESET NOD32 was selected as the best antivirus for Linux and Ubuntu. It also enables mac, Linux, android products with a high-end security license. In addition, this software is available only after you have made the payment. And this can be kept as a trial version for 30 days.
- Having an advanced memory scanner.
- Scan download files.
- Strong network security.
- In addition, an automatic update system.
- Spying detector.
07. Bit Defender Antivirus
Bit defender virus protection tool is very popular for Linux. If a virus enters into Linux operating systems and has a powerful effect, Bit Defender will detect that virus and completely remove it. This Virus guard tries to improve the product line for people using Linux. It will completely protect your computer from cyber threats.
- On-demand antivirus and antispyware protection.
- Script and extension-based integration.
- Classic command-line scanner.
- Automatic addition of the scanners.
- Open-source plugins.
08. Chkrootkit Antivirus
This is another good virus scanner. This is not primarily a Linux antivirus tool. The reason is that it scans and removes a bunch of malware. This is extremely easy to use. You can use Chkrootkit on a Linux via CD or USB. Even you don’t need to install it on your computer. Also, updating gives you many advantages and it can also scan more than 70 malware. Chkrootkit is a great software to use for Linux.
- Identifying and Removing Malware.
- You can use a Linux Live CD or live USB.
- It comes with a command-line interface.
- Checking network interfaces for promiscuous mode.
- Checks the last log for deletions.
09. Rootkit Hunter Virus Gaurd
SHA-1 hashing algorithm. So this software will scan deeply and detect the most harmful malware from your operating system.The rootkit hunter, or RK Hunter, is an even better virus protector. RK Hunter detects the virus on your Linux system using the
- It comes with a command-line interface.
- Checking the wrong file permissions for the binary.
- It can help you find hidden files/folders.
10. Avast Core Security
This is our last best choice as a Linux antivirus. This Linux antivirus provides basic security, network security, and file server security from Ubuntu and other Linux distort.
- Most current new viruses can be identified.
- Supported for the latest servers.
- They tend to protect files rather than protect your computer.
- Streaming updates.
- Virus definitions update.
Those are the best Linux antivirus software that we listed. So I hope you can get the most secure software for your Linux operating system from our list. Some of those antivirus programs need to purchase but they will give you a 30-days free trial. So you can check software before buying it. Others are all free to use.