Windows 10 file explorer is a great file manager that I have never used. Sometimes we have to use an alternative file manager because of some shortcomings in the Windows file explorer. So in this article, I will tell you the best file manager for Windows 10 that we can use as an alternative.
Windows developers missed some important features of a file manager on the Windows explorer. However, few application developers developed amazing Windows explorer alternatives including missing features on Windows explorer to help us.
1. VOSI.biz File Explorer
VOSI.biz File Explorer is the best and simple remote file server manager. This file manager has a similar interface to Windows file explorer so we can easily recognize features of the VOSI.biz File Explorer. Also, we can manage our local files and remote files as well.
Important features of this file manager
- Fater file Uploading and Downloading.
- Sync folders among multiple PCs and users.
- Supports group and sub-groups.
- You can upload a maximum of 10GB file as per once.
- Data encryption; great usability; group sharing/collaboration.
- Supports scheduled synchronizing open or locked files.
- Supports online editing, a feature far better than drive mapping.
The fman file manager is famous as dual-panel file manager software. Also this application work with Windows, Mac, and Linux. If you are hoping to use this file explorer you will easy to copy and paste files because of dual directories.
Special features of the fman file manager
- Dual-panel file manager.
- Full-screen mode
- Compare directories
- Create multiple recursive directories
- Filter files as you type.
- Faster file copying and moving process.
3. One Commander
One commander is another multi-process file manager which alternative for Windows 10 file explorer. You can use this explorer with dual-panel or single panel (it depends on your needs). As well as developers built a lot of shortcut keys to ease our work. Lots of shortcut keys similar to Windows file explorer, so that we can recognize keys easily.
Features of the One commander
- Ability to move divider between Folder-Columns and current folder.
- Minimize the program to System Tray.
- Preview for photos recognizes camera orientation from metadata
- Double-Click path Breadcrumbs to edit the path.
- Gray-out items on Delete command.
This is advance file explorer software for Windows 10. It covers lots of missing features of Windows file explorer. Also, this is a Portable File Manager which means it doesn’t require any installation and registration. As well as this software has a powerful search tool that I have never seen another explorer.
More features of XYplorer
- Tabbed browsing.
- Powerful file search.
- Versatile preview.
- Highly customizable interface.
- Optional dual pane.
- the large array of unique ways to efficiently automate frequently recurring tasks.
5. Directory Opus 12
Directory Opus 12 is an excellent file explorer tool for Windows 10. It has special features like Single or dual file displays, Folder tabs, Integrated viewer pane, etc. Also, this file manager app can burn CD/DVD itself. So Directory opus 12 has lots of features to improve user experience and usability.
Features of Directory opus 12
- Ease of use.
- Support for CD/DVD burning
- Built-in tools including synchronize, duplicate file finder, image converter, and uploader and more
- Print or export folder listings, copy file listings to the clipboard, calculate folder sizes and more.
Explorer++ is also a great Windows 10 file explorer replacement. I like the interface of the software because it’s clean and simplist. So anyone can understand the features easily with this simplism. Also, there are smart features like Bookmark tabs, Save a directory listing, Filter files, etc.
Here are more features of the Explorer++
- Explorer++ is completely portable.
- Tabbed browsing.
- The display window shows previews of files as they are selected.
- Easy-to-remember keyboard shortcuts.
- Customizable user interface.
- Change file dates and attributes and more.
7. Altap Salamander 4.0
Altap Salamander is a fast and dual-panel file manager software for Windows 10. Also, this file manager supports popular network protocols such as FTP, FTPS, SCP, or SFTP. As well as this file explorer has powerful Security and Privacy options to save user’s data.
More special features about Altap Salamander
- Supported Windows.
- Included All Basic Operations.
- High Security and Privacy.
- Features Integration.
- Clean Interface and Appearance.
- Easy Customization and more.
This software is also simple. We can use the basic feature as the Windows explorer. However, you can handle files on your computer fast and easy. This file explorer will able to optimize your RAM/CPU after installed on your computer. As a result, your file explorer and computer speed will increase with this standard software.
Features of this SpeedRunner
- Ability to link Azure Block Blob storage.
- Enhanced scrolling using the trackpad.
- FSP render speed up (RLRF) to render 4k.
- CPU/RAM usage optimization.
- Energy consumption optimizations.
- Migrated to .NET 4.6 and more.
What is the best file manager for Windows 10?
All the above file manager software is good as Windows 10 file explorer alternatives. However, the XYplorer file manager has much advance and features. So I recommended using this software as an alternative software for windows 10 file explorer because this software has better features than others.
I hope you get help with this article for the best file manager for Windows 10. However, if you have a problem with the above softwares you can go to their official site and check the answers or you can contact me through the contact page.